4 April 2013

Apologies

Wow, nearly a week without posting... oops. Sorry about that, guess  I just got caught up over Easter. Hope everyone had a good Easter and you ate lots of chocolate and I hope your dogs got none! Mine had a rawhide Easter egg which they loved.

Now in the space between me last posting Bunny has settled in nicely, although she is still a little nervous around my dad she has really taken a liking to me. She will come over when I ask with a waggy tail and is such a good girl. She has bonded so well that I have managed to teach her to sit down, in a day. She is so mischievous and is definitely a puppy, when left if theres anything chewable... she will chew it. Especially leather shoes! Mind you saying that, she managed to get hold of my brand new ones yesterday and other than having a few teeth marks in they are intact. If anything she just carries them about. Oh and tissues! I came home the other day to a full 9 pack of toilet roll shredded to pieces in my dads bedroom. And yesterday she ripped up a whole box of tissues. She really is a character and it is just her puppy behaviour coming out, which is nice to see after the state she came in! She is so funny and I really do love her.. and so does Tinks. She will often go to the basket which Tinks is in and curl up behind her, resting her head on Tinks'. She really loves her friend, she does try do it with Sally but Sally tells her off, which she does not care about one bit.

Bunny is such a little monkey that she will wake me up at 5 o'clock in the morning just to slobber all over me and mouth at my hand because she wants to play. I think its the only time Tinks really has a go at her because she just wants to go back to sleep. Bunny really is a great, fun dog! I say while she plays with a pringles box! Haha.

Now you may have noticed on Easter Sunday that Bunny did get a  home, they were waiting until today to adopt Bunny after their dogs had their kennel cough vaccine on Saturday. However their older dog has unfortunately reacted badly to the vaccination and not wanting to risk it catching the kennel cough they are no longer adopting Bunny. However we do have another family lined up in Scotland, with a 5 year old poodle for Bunny to play with and a beach nearby for some great walks. It seems like the ideal life for such a young girl and not only that but the couples daughter lives nearby with her 2 dogs, who I can imagine will be a big part of Bunnys future life! So the couple are coming on Sunday to view Bunny and take her if all goes well :) 

Now yesterday I had an emergency phone call at half 8 in the morning from Kathy saying there was a little yorkie in the pound who was at risk of being put down because he was agressive. I immediately said I would take him so off to the pound I went. Considering I was told this dog was majorly agressive to see him cowering in the back of my crate in the car really made me think otherwise. This little boy is just extremely frightened. Terry is a tall yorkshire terrier, of about 1/2 years old, by the looks of his teeth. Now I must say I do not understand how he is all that agressive. He's snapped at me a couple of times, once for putting his collar on, and again for going near him with a harness but it just seems he has a fear of collars/leads/harnesses so that is something to work with. Other than that he is just a frightened little boy. To be honest he is actually quite friendly, at the moment he is curled up next to me, resting his head on my laptop... does that sound agressive? Last night he slept on my pillow, resting his head next to me and didn't make a noise all night. Terry is currently very skinny but he is already getting fed up and he loves his food! Terry really loves to be cuddled, if you walk anywhere he will follow you and jump up at the back of your legs. This is just a scared, young boy who needs time to trust humans again... like many pound dogs. Terry is very nervous around the dogs, especially bouncy Bunny who just wants to play! He just cowers in the corner and doesn't know what to do. He just needs a nice quiet home, maybe with an older, quiet dog who isn't going to overly fuss him. He hasn't shown any agression towards the dogs, even when Sally snapped at him for going near her with a bone he just cowered away and did not react...

Right I'm going to have to go anyway... I'm pretty sure Bunny has taken my shoe upstairs! :/ I will post again later with pictures if I get chance. I really need to get some college work done though and little Terry and my 2 bathed so I'll post later

Lucy, Tinks, Sally, Bunny and Terry x

No comments:

Post a Comment