11 April 2013

Terry the Changed Little Boy

Terry is definitely starting to settle here now. Although he wasn't feeling too great Sunday, with diarhoea and coughing to the point he was sick, we took him to the vets on Monday to find he has bronchitis, which is on the kennel cough spectrum and he had a jab to take pressure off his throat and is now on antibiotics so should hopefully be better in no time. The vets also estimated him at 9/10 months of age so little boy is only a pup. He is on a good diet of Wainwrights and Nature Diet to help his stomach and get him back to a normal weight.

Although initially very worried about leaving Terry with my dad and the girls for a few days I went with it anyways and went to visit my boyfriend for just a couple of days. Although worrying we would be going two steps back with him I came back yesterday to a totally different dog. Terry is so much better now and has calmed down alot. He will now let me put him on a harness and today went on his first walk. Although he barked a lot at all the different things happening around him he loved it and is now fast asleep by the fire. Terry is so loving now and just wants to snuggle up and is no longer afraid of me moving him about. He will now only growl in a playful way and try nibble you when hes playing! So his puppy side is starting to come out, the worst bit being as he still has his puppy canines a little nibble does hurt! Terry is getting very playful now with Tinks and loves running around in the garden with her. His only problem is, as he is still intact, he gets a little... frisky, I guess I should put it around her and will chase her around the house just to hump her. Poor Tinks doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I have no idea why he fancies her so much, it must be because she is so beautiful :) hopefully though that will be solved when he is neutered, but we will wait till he has gained weight and recovered from the kennel cough before we get that done. 

Although he is now much better with me we are getting a behaviourist in when he is better to work with him and prepare him for a new home. I am sure though with an experienced dog owner he will settle well in a new home and will be a lovely, loyal partner. 




I'll try keep you up to date! But for now thats all, Lucy, TInks, Sally and Terry x

No comments:

Post a Comment