6 July 2013

And hes gone

So last night Roo went to his forever home. After meeting up with the lady and her 2 dogs we went for a nice hour long walk in the fields by her house and what a lovely walk it was! There is a little river running along side it for Roo to jump in and rabbits to chase after. He was really having the time of his life running off the lead with the 2 lurchers who could easily run with him. He seems to have fallen for the crazier one (to put it) and followed her everywhere, including chasing a rabbit. I must admit I was scared for him when he went after it because I didn't think we'd get him back but not long after he came charging back at full speed with a big grin on his face, haha. On the walk Roo also discovered cows and although curious about them he was rather well behaved and I'm sure he will learn to ignore them in time. At the end of the walk was a great big section of water which Roo absolutely loved, the circles he did in and out of the water were so fun to watch and it was clear he was a very happy boy. So happy in fact that on the way back from the walk him and his new sister were charging quite happily and didn't think to look where they were running, resulting in me knocked flat on my back. I couldn't help but laugh though.

So when we got to the house Roo was still excited and the new environment meant he just wanted to play. Unfortunately one of his new sisters is quieter so told him off a few times, however Roo was very submissive and I think he has accepted he is the bottom of the pack. After this he did just want a cuddle though and jumped on my knee for one last cuddle. I must admit though leaving him was one of the hardest goodbyes I've had. I felt so guilty not being able to give him and his new family a proper goodbye but I'm sure he already had an feeling something was wrong so after a quick kiss on the head I left and tried to hold in the tears. It was made worse when dad asked if I was sad, then the tears fell and the thought of Roo not being a member of our family became obvious.

Fortunately Roo is doing well in his new home and did not whine over night, like I'd worried about. I just hope he knows that is his forever home and forgives me for letting him go to a better home than what we could ever give him. Anyway he is only a half hour drive away so I think some visits will be on the cards for the big man in the near future. 

So for now I am foster dog free and after speaking to Kathy we have decided to leave me free for a while so I can look after another fosters foster dog (Patch) when she goes away for the weekend. I am then away for the last week in July so it may be a month till I get another dog! I Well lets wait and see about that because in rescue things can change in an instance and don't think I can survive that much time with only the girls in the house! haha.

Right so last time I posted saying I was going to add a rescue dog to each post on my blog... gosh thats a mouthful haha. So this post I'll talk about Cinders


So poor Cinders has been looking for her home for well over a year now. She is a 10 year old poodle cross and although she may not be the best looking dog in the world she really is a sweet girl. Although nervous with dogs when she first meets them she is fine after a careful introduction and would be best rehomed with another kind dog to help her confidence. Cinders needs experienced owners, who are in most of the time to accommodate her needs.

The list of other dogs with WYDR is the same as in my last post along with a 4 year old jack russel, a lurcher and a 2 year old border collie. All on the website, which you can access in the Dogs Looking for Homes tab at the top of the page :) Since I won't have a foster dog in a while now I may come on once a week just to update you with other dogs that are looking for their furever homes :D 

Lucy, Tinks and Sally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment