17 July 2013

Next Dog

So as I've said I won't be getting a new foster now until I come back off holiday the first weekend in August however I can now tell you what I'm getting with pictures! 

This absolutely adorable young man is Oscar! Oscar is a 9 month old terrier crossbreed (apparently lakeland cross border). I don't feel I can say much about him just yet other than he is just adorable! Oscar is a hand in and so is used to living in a family home. He is both dog and child friendly and gets on fine with his owners 5 year old grandchild. From what I can tell he is a friendly boy and I feel he will make a great family pet... but I haven't met him yet so we'll see. As hes still a pup at heart he will chew if left too long, so is going to need a home with someone around most of the time who will help this pup grow. Anyway thats all I can say for now, I will update you when I have him. 

Currently in the rescue:
Waffle - 5 year old horse friendly whippet cross
Roxy - 1 year old loveable labrador cross
Patch - 6 year old collie cross
Barnaby - 2 year old collie x jack russel
Nya - 3 year old Akita
Tigger - 1 year old staffie cross
Gaynor - 5 year old staffie
Doris and Dixie - Pair of 10 year old jack russels
Hugo - 2 year old jack russel
Cinders - 10 year old poodle cross

Bracken - Lurcher
Taz - 7 year old jack russel
Boo - 2 year old collie
Biscuit - 7 month old labrador x mastiff pup
Vikki - 1 year old jack russel x chihuahua 

Bobby - 2 year old yorkie
Now I really do feel for Bobby as he is a very scared young boy, who takes his time to gain trust from humans and who wants security. Once properly bonded however Bobby is lovely and will give his foster lots of kisses when she gets up in the morning. He is a great dog other than being scared, he loves his walks and has plenty of energy. He will be a great dog to live on a farm, where he can be off lead all day and not get fussed if he doesn't want it. He has great recall so letting him off lead is not a problem. Bobby clearly needs very understanding owners who will understand him and be very sympathetic in the way they treat him. He is not cat friendly and will not be rehomed with children.

Lucy, Tinks and Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment