29 August 2013

Donations

So this time last year you may remember me saying I had been down to a county show in Cheshire, obviously this year I couldn't go along as I was petsitting up here in Scotland however obviously Kathy went along and over £400 was raised for the rescue over the three days. Obviously we are very grateful.

Now heres a surprise donation. The other day when on the phone to my dad he told me a letter had come through the post with £10 in it, written from a kind lady who had said it is for the rescue and if she had more she would give it. Now the only person I can think this could be is a lady up my street who I may have mentioned before. One day as I was cleaning my car, Roo, Blanche and Tinks yapping from inside the house and Sally stood outside with me a couple walked past with there collie (I think). They stopped to talk and ask about what I did so obviously I told them. A few weeks ago while walking the dogs I saw the lady from her house, and she shouted down asking how I was and how the dogs were and asked what rescue do I foster for. Just these 2 occasions and I believe this lady has posted this very kind donation through my post. I can't explain how happy it made me, yes its not the hugest amount of money but if everyone did that random act of kindness it would be brilliant and would go straight into paying the vet bills for these dogs. Now if anyone wants to make a one off donation you can on here http://www.westyorkshiredogrescue.co.uk/donate.htm. If the lady whos donated me that money sees this please donate via that next time as thats just the way I'll put your money through :) 

Now out of the asking for donations stage, the other day I remet Mabel. http://lucythedogfosterer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/sweet-old-mabel.html as Mabel was with us only a couple of days I didn't post much about her but that was my first post. Mabel weighed in at just 11.7kg and was so skinny and fragile it made me cringe looking at her without her coats on. We all thought Mabel would be in rescue until her days ended and by the looks of it, I didn't feel like she had long but a lovely couple in Scotland, with alot of experience with lurchers and greyhounds, who run a boarding came forward. Within a couple of days her new owner was down and picking her up. The other day I went to see her, and what a chunky girl she is now! Shes gained around 3kg, and although it doesn't seem much, trust me it is! She even has little rolls of fat as she lays down, as opposed to being able to see all of her ribs and spine. It was so lovely seeing her and she greeted me with a smile and plenty of cuddles. The best thing was I got to see her in her new home, living the life of luxury, spoilt to her own living chair and her own space on the sofa next to her new owner. Living in the countryside, with an enclosed run where she can play chase. It really did make me smile and her new owner was so happy to have taken her in and I think we all must say it was fate they all found each other. From huge lurchers to a medium staffie x whippet is a bit of a change but she seems very happy in her new home and so do her owners. I've forgot to fetch my camera wire with me but as soon as I get home I will post on here the pictures of her and me :) 



Currently in rescue:
Roxy - 1 year old loveable labrador cross
Patch - 6 year old collie cross
Barnaby - 2 year old collie x jack russel
Misha - 5 year old staffie
Doris and Dixie - Pair of 10 year old jack russels
Cinders - 10 year old poodle cross
Vikki - 1 year old jack russel x chihuahua 
Bobby - 2 year old yorkie
Biscuit - 9 month old mastiff x
Baxy - 5 year old yorkshire terrier
Tolley - 16 month old border collie
Boo - 2 year old collie
Gilbert - 2 year old patterdale
Benji - 7 year old yorkshire terrier
Max - 5 year old agility jack russel 
Hugo - 2 year old jack russel
Bert - 5 year old labrador x collie

No comments:

Post a Comment