2 January 2013

Big Update :)

Right so I've been a bit busy since I last posted and have stayed over at my friends for a couple of days to celebrate the new year so I haven't had time to update.

Firstly I must wish everyone a Happy New Year :D


Now unfortunately, although the viewing with the people went well, they decided they'd like a bigger dog for their labrador retriever, which is totally understandable. At the same time though I was rather disappointed as the couple seemed so lovely. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I would like to mention though that Toby is very nervous with new people, he hid behind my legs alot of the time during the viewing and I had to keep moving to make him actually go see the visitors. As I know though you can't go by first impressions, he may be nervous at first but when he knows you he will be your best friend :)


Today Toby has being cat tested and its fair to say he passed! Toby is not fussed with cats what so ever, he had a sniff but that was it, if anything he was scared of Lees cat Finn. As you can see by the picture he was a bit nervous and stressed being in a new environment and with Lees mad barking house but he really wasn't bothered by Finn.

Now as the cat test went well it was time to test him with Peggy, the jrt who was in the rescue a couple of months back, but due to no fault of her own shes back in rescue. The aim was to see how they were together and if all went well to pair them up for a potential owner. So I took him and they were both fine together, Toby had a little jealous snap when she went near to him while he was on my knee but she didn't react which was just perfect. 

So, as that all went well, guess who came home with us today? Yep, Peggy. Shes a lovely little girl, who loves to scoff any food she can find in the house and loves to play with balls. 

Now on to the big news. Tomorrow, Toby and Peggy have a viewing arranged with a lady who has donated a lot to the rescue who would like 2 cat friendly dogs. So these 2 would just be perfect. So if it goes well Toby and Peggy may be going to their new home. Now since this is happening I'm not going to class Peggy as a proper foster dog as she would only be here a day but we will wait and see what tomorrow will bring... then see what is next :) 

Lucy, Tinks, Toby, Peggy and Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment