27 March 2013

Bobby Rehomed!

Well the viewing yesterday went great! Really, really great. The lady loved him and his big slobbery kisses and wanted to take him straight home! But instead she came again today and took him to his forever home. I have no doubts that he will be spoilt and will definitely get all the excercise and love he needs! It's fair to say I was very happy with the lady and the type of home she will be giving to Bobby. 

So with the rehoming of Bobby, it only meant we had room in the house for another dog! So straight after Bobby went I went on my way to meet Yvonne to go on a pound trip. Now before I talk about the dog we have now got I would like to mention how awful it was. I have been to dog pounds a couple of times in my life, 10 years ago when we got Sally but at that time I didn't see what I saw now and didn't feel so heart broken. Normally when I do pound trips I pick up the dog I am meaning to be getting and leave but today Yvonne asked if we should walk around, so we did... 

The cages lined up in the outdoor cold,
Each dog we walked past was ever so bold,
Barking so loud, a sad look in their eyes, 
I can only look on and question why. 

Mainly staffies I see in these cold cells,
I can only describe it as a doggy hell, 
Howling please, please take me home,
Then one shaking in a corner, looking so alone.

Down another corridor, a row of more dogs,
A chocolate lab? A chihuahua cross?
Really how can people be so cruel,
How can they abandon their pets... the fools.

Now I must say if you get a chance,
Go to a pound and take a glance,
Open your eyes to the reality of life,
You could be the one to save that dogs life!

I think a poem was the only way to describe it... I know its no good but ah well. Now the dog shaking in the corner? That was Bunny, our current foster dog. She is so so nervous. Poor girl will not approach humans and we are still waiting for her to come near us. However, she does love dogs! She has come near me once when I was playing with Tinks and she has had a good run around outside with her! Bunny is a young possibly Bedlington terrier x Bearded collie. She is in such a state and all her fur is in lugs! She has amazing teeth though so she must be very young. I am looking forward to working with Bunny, I'm hoping Tinks will bring out some confidence in her and I'm sure in time she will make a brilliant pet. We are going to the groomers to get Bunny fully shaved tonight, it may not seem ideal in this weather but it can not be comfortable for her at the moment! Anyway I'll leave you with some photos for now and update you tomorrow.

Lucy, Bunny, Tinks and Sally






No comments:

Post a Comment