4 March 2013

Crazy Crazy Times!

Right major update... because who want's just a little one. Haha. Just to warn you I am absolutely shattered after staying up till 3 doing college work so my typing may gradually get worse. 

Thanks to facebook Mabel has received loads of interest, and lots of people genuinely interested in adopting her. However one couple have stuck out to us that will provide Mabel with all her needs and much more. They live in Scotland, and although its quite a way as long as Mabel is in her forever home at the end of it thats all that matters. They have an acre of enclosed garden for Mabel to trot about in and 4 other older friends (lurchers/greyhounds) to keep her company. It really looks like a stunning place for her to spend her retirement years. Now normally we would wait until Mabel is all sorted before going to her new home, however as her new owners are so experienced, she will be going tomorrow! Yes tomorrow. They are coming down at the crack of dawn to collect Mabel and to start her forever life. At the vets today it was confirmed that Mabels teeth are rotting and she will need dental treatment however her new family are happy to go about this. Mabel weighed in at only 11.4kg. so obviously needs to be kept up with on the weight gain to get her to a healthy weight. Currently shes on 3 meals a day of NatureDiet but won't eat biscuits because her teeth are so rotten and must be causing her pain. 

In the short time Mabel has been here I have definitely learnt she is one loving dog who deserves a perfect, quiet home. Last night when I went upstairs to bed I presumed my dad had shut her in his room with him and Sally but going into my room she was quite happily snuggled up on my bed, making it her own. She is so cheeky and gave me the cute eyes that said 'Why did you wake me up?'. She is not afraid to jump on the sofa or the bed. She just wants the comfiest spot in the house as her own. As I watch her fast asleep on the sofa now, my heart is warmed knowing because of the rescue and myself Mabel is safe and will soon be in her forever home. 

So Mabel going can only mean one thing, NEXT! Yes we do have another dog lined up, who needs to come in ASAP as is currently living in a shed. So thats another reason we are trying to rehome Mabel quickly. The new dog is a small female terrier crossbreed who is about 10 year old. As I said she is currently living in a shed and is very nervous and scared where she is. Apparently shes a very sweet dog with a very waggy tail. Who seems to get along with dogs and gets along with children. So I will obviously update tomorrow as per usual, thats all for now.

Lucy,Tinks, Sally and Mabel x

No comments:

Post a Comment