27 March 2013

One year on...

... I forgot to mention in my last post that a year ago yesterday I rehomed my first ever foster dog. Bella the jack russel... I wander if any of you remember her? Anyway what a year it has been! And I have learned so much, not only about dogs but about rescue life and the reality of how many dogs are abandoned by their owners each year. I never realised how bad it was until I became involved in rescue and I'm so glad I became part of WYDR.... I really don't know how I would have coped without them. In a way they've saved me from insanity, and without them I wouldn't have my darling Tinks who has made my life complete! 

Now we have Bunny, our 19th foster dog. Unfortunately I didn't make 20 foster dogs in a year but I wander if I can make it to 40 next year? It makes me feel so proud knowing that without me 19 dogs would be.. well what would they be... I don't even want to think about it. I'm not selfish, I'm not all about me, me, me but every once in a while its nice to sit down and appreciate your own actions.


Just think if we got another 10 fosters.... just 10, over 200 dogs could be rehomed next year just from these fosterers, if they foster one dog at a time. Now come on, please consider fostering? Even if your a student like me... why not dedicate your Summer to fostering?? There are no real excuses so get hands on with dogs and learn alot along the way :)

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment